Re: gdb -batch always exits with status 0

On Fri, 17 Aug 2018 at 18:23, Gary Benson <gbenson@redhat.com> wrote:

> It would be the least impactful way, sure, but my point is that GDB
> doesn't operate in an intuitive way, and my view is that whatever is
> intuitive should be the default.  Having to request it with a special
> flag makes GDB harder for new users.

Not sure about intuitiveness of early exit, but we have an example of
the converse: bash (and other shells). Namely, by default it executes
all the commands, exits with the exit status of the last command
executed. But you can `set -e`, and then first failing command will
stop processing. But then, there do exist means to suppress failure
(e.g. `badCommand && true`), which GDB doesn't seem to have.