GDB support: Couldn't find method

Hello!
I compile a binary by linking a library:

-L${LIBDIR}/lib -lCompoundHisto

In the debug session the library is listed under

info sharedlibrary

Additionally, I requested to read symbols from the relevant source files by

set debug-file-directory ${LIBDIR}/interface
set debug-file-directory ${LIBDIR}/src

Nevertheless, I encounter the following problem:

p GetLevel(resultcode) -> GetHU(mo)
Couldn't find method CompoundHistoUnfolding::Level::GetHU

The methods are described in the source to build libCompoundHisto.so

What is wrong?

My gdb version is 7.11.
Viesturs