This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: internal-error: target_xfer_partial: Assertion `*xfered_len > 0' failed
- From: Christo <christo dot crause at gmail dot com>
- To: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Cc: christo dot crause at gmail dot com
- Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2018 06:36:15 +0200
- Subject: Re: internal-error: target_xfer_partial: Assertion `*xfered_len > 0' failed
- References: <email@example.com>
On Wed, 2018-05-30 at 22:09 +0200, Christo wrote:
> I get this error both on avr-gdb 7.10.1 (Installed by Linux Mint) and gdb 8.0 (which I
> from source). I don't see this error if I don't load the file with debug info into gdb. Also
> error if I use gdb 7.0.1 or 6.6 (both also compiled by me).
I tested on gdb 8.1 compiled for AVR and still see "Saw new packet start in middle of old one"
message, but now gdb seems to ignore the packet error and just continue without the internal
error message. I still would like to know where the problem is so that it can be fixed, else
gdb may end up with incomplete information of the flash memory content on the controller.