RE: amd64 executable debugging

Hello GDB,

Most often while debugging amd64 executable, GDB throws '<variable
optimized out>' error and also sometimes when function parameters are
passed on register GDB reports incorrect information in few frames. I'm
sure in 64 bit with more registers available, there is more revenue for
optimization, it is entirely possible that GDB gets confused due to that
and information provided by GDB isn't reliable sometimes.  I'm wondering if
the latest GDB has somehow solved this problem Or disassembling and
studying instructions is the only way to go about it ? Also, is there a way
to increase this debug-ability by adding any additional compiler flags ?

--Vijay--