This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Python API: Getting symbol by address
- From: Roman Popov <ripopov at gmail dot com>
- To: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 10:20:48 -0800
- Subject: Python API: Getting symbol by address
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I have collection in C++ that stores pointers to functions and methods. I
want to pretty-print pointed method and functions names.
It is possible using GDB shell, for example:
(gdb) info symbol 0x405ece
top::test_thread() in section .text of test_procs
However I found no way to do the same using Python API. Why such
P/S Same question on stackoverflow :