This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: gdbarch_init, ABI, and registers
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: tim at sifive dot com (Tim Newsome)
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org (gdb)
- Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2017 12:24:04 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: gdbarch_init, ABI, and registers
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Tim Newsome wrote:
> Am I right in that riscv_gdbarch_init() can differentiate these two cases
> based on whether a target description is passed in or not? Eg. if there is
> a target description, register structures need to be set up, and if there
> isn't then that's not necessary?
> The problem I was seeing is that registers were showing up which shouldn't.
> The reason (as I understand it now) is that I was depending on global
> variables in riscv-tdep.c instead of putting them in gdbarch.data. I'll
> make that change, and hopefully then everything will be better.
I see. Global variables would indeed explain the problem ...
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU/Linux compilers and toolchain