Re: gdbtui: how to always show function arguments?

(Ignoring "Reply-To:" and staying on list.)

On 10/26/2017 08:11 PM, Dedeco Balaco Baco via gdb wrote:
> Hello
>
> I use gdbtui to debug many programs. I wish it had more features for some fairly simple situations: always show function arguments, or even 'display' them while we are inside it, without needing to 'print' or 'display' each one.
>
>  Do you know how to make gdbtui do that?  Maybe there is an option to always show things in each part of the previous line. I say previous line because I want to know the values of things that were used as arguments, the final result of a complex expression, and so on.
>
>  I am *not* asking about 'print' and 'display' gdb commands, I know they exist. I want to make them automatically, and possibly changing what is shown as we navigate through the program.

AFAIK, there's a way to do that today.  The TUI is missing
"locals" / "display" windows.  I agree, it'd be a really nice
feature to have.  It just needs someone willing to work on
it.  :-)

> I want to also be able to use the solution remotely via ssh (no, no ssh -X) like I do with gdbtui command (usually redirecting program output to another window in a second remote connection).

Interesting, thanks for sharing your use case.

Thanks,
Pedro Alves