Re: can't push to binutils-gdb, git-hooks rejecting commits

On Aug 22 2017, Pedro Alves <palves@redhat.com> wrote:

> Repeating that big "git rev-list" command below locally shows:
>
>   fatal: bad revision '^refs/heads/users/hjl/pr17709'

You need to translate all refs to your remote-tracking branches inside
origin (eg. refs/remotes/origin/users/hjl/pr17709), or run that command
inside a bare mirror.  Doing that results in no error, execpt that the
first rev does not exist for me, but that is probably the rev you are
about to push.

> That branch doesn't appear to exist anymore.   Sounds like the hooks
> need to run "git remote prune origin" on their clone?  Does that make
> sense?

The hook is running directly inside the bare repository, there is no
remote.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, schwab@suse.de
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE  1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7