This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Host GDB disconnect while waiting for tracee status change
- From: Dmitry Antipov <dantipov at nvidia dot com>
- To: <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: Ryan Bissell <rbissell at nvidia dot com>, Mikhail Filimonov <mfilimonov at nvidia dot com>
- Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 16:23:03 +0300
- Subject: Host GDB disconnect while waiting for tracee status change
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Is there a feature/option/etc. to gracefully handle the situation when gdbserver
sits waiting for tracee status change and the network connection is getting lost?
AFAICS in case of Linux, linux_wait_for_event_filtered() just enters sigsuspend()
waiting for SIGCHLD and ignoring anything else, thus having no opportunity to detect
any socket status changes even if the latter are signaled with SIGIOs requested
Thanks in advance,