This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Interactively add symbols
- From: Lars Brinkhoff <lars at nocrew dot org>
- To: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2017 08:42:47 +0000
- Subject: Interactively add symbols
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
As far as I have seen, there's no way for a user to interactively add a
symbol to a running GDB session, other than specifying an object file
from which to load symbols. I suggest there should be a simple way to
do this from the command line.
This has come up at least three times before:
I'm also interested in this, although my use case is different. I
compile Forth programs into ELF files which do contain symbol
information. However, as is the tradition with Forth, it's mixed in
with code and data, so it's not in a format GDB would ever be expected
If there still isn't a way to do this, would there be interest in a
patch to implement it?