This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Will GDB be rewritten in C++ (again)
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Phi Debian <phi dot debian at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "gdb at sourceware dot org" <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2017 07:54:18 -0700
- Subject: Re: Will GDB be rewritten in C++ (again)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAJOr74iEEjW-eOtPT7OnpKZMmi4b2eJjEvPkozTmFao804EaGw@mail.gmail.com>
> So my question is, does this rewrite of GDB in C++ has been shelved or
> is is still going?
Starting with GDB 8.0, building GDB now requires a C++-11 compiler.
With 7.12, it tries to use a C++ compiler by default, but you can
force it back to using a C compiler at configure time.