new-ui and Windows

Hello gdb devs,

I am looking to support the new-ui functionality[1] for Eclipse CDT on
Windows [2]. I have been using it on Linux and have been enjoying it.
Having a full GDB CLI available within Eclipse is a great improvement.

I would like to know if new-ui is supposed to work on Windows with
mingw host? The new-ui attempts to open a tty with
top.c:open_terminal_stream() which calls open(). On Windows, AFAIK,
this can only open a normal file.

If this is supposed to work on Windows already, an example of how to
do it would be great. I can take that and see where I can get next.

Any thoughts much appreciated.
Thanks,
Jonah

[1] https://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2016-05/msg00098.html