Re: [OpenOCD-devel] Python API for supplying thread information?

On Thu, 2017-03-23 at 11:46 -0500, Steven Stallion wrote:
> There's a bit more to it than that, but that's what users see most
> often. It's important to point out that GDB's remote target support
> isn't the best; it's not on par with a local target by any means. It
> wasn't until recently that thread names could be assigned/sign for
> remote targets (7.11.2 IIRC). To the OP, if you're interested in
> extending behavior, I'd suggest starting with a small PoC. I think
> you'll get a better idea of the issues at hand once you start
> exploring the GDB source.

This would be a problem, as I'm not really a good desktop programmer
(I'm working with microcontrollers only), I also know almost nothing
about GDB interals. That's why I was hoping that something like that is
actually possible now (directly in GDB or maybe with some evil
trickery)...

Regards,
FCh