Re: GNU Toolchain Fund established at the Free Software Foundation

On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 8:48 PM, Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 11:49 AM, David Edelsohn <dje.gcc@gmail.com> wrote:
>> A fund to benefit the components of the GNU Toolchain (GCC, GDB,
>> GLIBC, Binutils, Sourceware) has been established at the Free Software
>> Foundation.
>>
>> Personal and corporate donations are welcome!
>>
>> http://www.fsf.org/news/gnu-toolchain-now-accepting-donations-with-the-support-of-the-free-software-foundation
>
> That is great news.  Thanks.
>
> Is the membership of the committee who will oversee the funds public?

The Trustees are Carlos O'Donell, Joel Broebecker and me.  Carlos,
Joel and I have no interest in active fundraising, soliciting
proposals, debating or voting on how to spend the money.  The GNU
Toolchain community and project leadership can decide on projects and
we will direct the FSF to distribute the funds.

As discussed at the last Cauldron, the first interest of the community
seems to be the shared infrastructure of Sourceware: hosting, system
administration, backups, and updating the websites.

Thanks, David