That address has no sense (there is nothing at that address) and gdb seems completely lost.

In fact bt gives this:

    (gdb) bt
    #0  0x00008136 in ?? ()

I tried too by setting a hard breakpoint at some point after the sleep and before the loop. It seems stopping the the board but nothing comes out from the gdb console. Ctrl+C gives the same output shown above.

There is any particular technique or configuration to pass over sleep states and be able to continue debugging? Or is it simply not possible?

By the way the SoC under test has intel architecture.

Thanks,
Gianca