Re: Issue with Latest GDB on AIX with GCC-6.12

On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 2:22 AM, Nitish Kumar Mishra
<mishra.nitish.88@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>> 3. GDB with GCC-6.1, 64 bit mode, with static options : NOT WORKING
>> 4. GDB with GCC-6.1, 64 bit mode, without static options : COMPILATION ERROR.
>>
>> P.S.: Static options means: -static-libstdc++ -static-libgcc
>
>>What is the compilation error?
> With GCC-6.1, 64 bit mode, WITHOUT static option, below is the output of the
> compilation error:
>
> ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: ._Unwind_Resume
> ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .__cxa_atexit
> ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more information.
>

>> Does GCC 4.8.5 and GCC 6.1 fail in the same manner?  Neither catch the
> exception?
> Yes, by NOT WORKING, I meant, niether catching the exception and process is
> getting terminated.

Who built GCC 6.1 for you?  Is this an IBM build or Bull Freeware?

The version of GCC that you are using was built incorrectly.  There
have been problems in the past with some of the pre-built binaries
containing libraries with recently added symbols not correctly
exported.

There seems to be a problem with exception handling and -static-libgcc
in recent versions of GCC on AIX.  I don't know what you have been
testing and why you were not able to triage this.

Thanks, David