Re: GSoC

On 2017-02-07 16:40, Phil Muldoon wrote:
From an idea standpoint I'd love to see the underpinnings of inferior
control* capabilities from scripting languages. Perhaps a class that
registered scripting languages can call (currently Python and Guile)
to affect control of an inferior, with feedback, from an interface. It
would ideally abstract all the horrible details from the scripting
language.

Note, I do not think this will be an easy project, but it will
introduce the person to the community as, I think, they will have to
question it quite closely to implement the semantics and exceptions
involved in inferior control to an external interface.

Cheers,

Phil

* Inferior control being more than being a gdb.command call and hoping
  things go ok.

I think that's a great idea, it's something that a lot of people ask for. I think it's a good thing to have project ideas that range from easy to difficult, as long as it's clearly documented so that the potential candidates make informed choices.

Simon