This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFC PATCH 00/29] arm64: Scalable Vector Extension core support
- From: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- To: Dave Martin <Dave dot Martin at arm dot com>
- Cc: linux-arm-kernel at lists dot infradead dot org, Christoffer Dall <christoffer dot dall at linaro dot org>, Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, Ard Biesheuvel <ard dot biesheuvel at linaro dot org>, Marc Zyngier <Marc dot Zyngier at arm dot com>, Alan Hayward <alan dot hayward at arm dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, GDB <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 09:56:14 +0000
- Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH 00/29] arm64: Scalable Vector Extension core support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1480102762-23647-1-git-send-email-Dave.Martin@arm.com>
On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 7:38 PM, Dave Martin <Dave.Martin@arm.com> wrote:
> * No independent SVE vector length configuration per thread. This is
> planned, but will follow as a separate add-on series.
If I read "independent SVE vector length configuration per thread"
correctly, SVE vector length can be different in each thread, so the
size of vector registers is different too. In GDB, we describe registers
by "target description" which is per process, not per thread.