This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Breakpoint and multi-processes.
- From: Christophe Ple <christophe dot ple at gmail dot com>
- To: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2016 11:10:37 +0100
- Subject: Breakpoint and multi-processes.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I have a question about breakpoint and multi-processes/inferiors debugging.
I have a gdbserver with --multi option used to debug two processes
which contains the same C function named ADD.
I have a gdb connected to the gdbserver with " target extended-remote
xxxx" with 2 inferiors, one for each process.
When i execute the gdb command " break ADD", the breakpoint is set in
the 2 processes, the current inferior is not taking acount.
I thought that the gdb commands are executed in the context of the
current inferior not on every inferior.
Do you have an idea about the reason of this behaviour ?
Is it the expected one ?
Is there a work-around ?