This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
RE: Custom core file
- From: <duane at duaneellis dot com>
- To: "Nikolay Martyanov" <nmartyanov at ptsecurity dot com>, gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 08:31:21 -0700
- Subject: RE: Custom core file
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
>> So, I guess, dump/restore approach works only in two cases:
>> a) debugging live process you have attached to (it's not my case, as I
>> perform postmortem debug)
>> b) already has loaded core file, which provides a context via saved CPU
>> state - and it is the way I chose to follow.
For step (B) - first load a dummy (tiny) standard core file - that gives
you a debug context, think of it as a shim.
Then proceed with adding your symbols and using dump/restore to load