Re: Custom core file

On Wed, 28 Sep 2016 15:31:12 +0200, Nikolay Martyanov wrote:
> I have a self-written bare-metal hypervisor for x86 arch and I'd like to
> perform postmortem debugging of it's core (not VM, hypervisor itself!).
> So the idea is to save physical memory state and later use GDB to interpret
> it.

I still do not understand what is the goal.

"not VM, hypervisor itself!" would say that running "/usr/bin/gcore "+getpid()
on the hypervisor process would do the job.

But then "the idea is to save physical memory state" would suggest me you want
to dump the guest VM - like what guest kdump does or what is in guest Linux
kernel /proc/kcore (where it is without the physical memory).

Jan