This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Non-stop mode for Windows (mingw)
- From: Raphael Zulliger <zulliger at indel dot ch>
- To: "gdb at sourceware dot org" <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 08:25:23 +0200
- Subject: Non-stop mode for Windows (mingw)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
According to empirical tests and by looking at the GDB sources,
'windows-nat.c' and, therefore, GDB running on Windows (mingw) does not
support non-stop debugging.
- What's the technical reason behind this? Was it just not ported to
that platform so far? Wasn't it done because it's tricky?
- What would be needed to support it? (Is the main required thing that
'displaced single stepping' is required for non-stop mode?)