This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Bad performance in updating JIT debug symbols
- From: Fredrik Tolf <fredrik at dolda2000 dot com>
- To: Duane Ellis <duane at duaneellis dot com>, gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2016 20:43:25 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: Bad performance in updating JIT debug symbols
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine.DEB.email@example.com> <F4715250-E24B-452E-9232-2469AB2EB2B2@duaneellis.com>
On Sat, 17 Sep 2016, Duane Ellis wrote:
So why not make a wrapper on the symbol lookup function
Search the main list if that fails to find try the next list of syms.
After you under 100 inserts resort your additional list. And start a new list
I can imagine a lot of ways to optimize the current code, but the main
point was that GDB seems to be stuck in a path of the code that is not
really intended to be used other than when GDB is "confused", so the main
question is why that happens.