Re: Could not use "record btrace" even if I have Intel PT hardware feature

--
My best regards to you.

     No System Is Safe!
     Dongliang Mu

I am using Debian Testing with linux kernel 4.6.0-1 and gdb 7.11.1-2

> Newer Linux distributions should already provide GDB with Intel PT support.  If
> your distribution doesn't or if you want to build GDB yourself, please configure
> it with "--with-intel-pt".

I have installed libipt-dev and libipt1 packages.

> If your Linux distribution does not provide libipt(-devel), you may need to
> build it yourself.  You can get the sources from here:
>   https://github.com/01org/processor-trace.
>
> You may also need to configure GDB with "--with-libipt-prefix=<path-to-libipt>"
> if you don't (want to) install libipt in a standard place.
>
> You may further need to install kernel headers - GDB needs
> /usr/include/linux/perf_event.h.

And I have checked the existence of /usr/include/linux/perf_event.h.

Should I reboot my Debian to make kernel module for Intel PT effective?