RE: How to show instructions in one record

Hello Dongliang,

> I encounter the following problem when I show instructions in one record,
>
> (gdb) b main
> Breakpoint 1 at 0x80483f3: file simple.c, line 7.
> (gdb) r
> Starting program: /home/vagrant/simple/simple
>
> Breakpoint 1, main (argc=1, argv=0xbffff7a4) at simple.c:7
> 7    crash = buff;
> (gdb) record
> (gdb) c
> Continuing.

> 0x08048420 in main (argc=1, argv=0xbffff7a4) at simple.c:10
> 10    for (p=buff,q=argv[1];(*q);p++,q++)
> (gdb) record
> btrace                 full                   goto
> save
> delete                 function-call-history  instruction-history
> stop
> (gdb) record instruction-history
> You can't do that when your target is `record-full'
>
> Then I try "record-core", the same result.
> At last, I try "record-btrace", my system does not support branch tracing.
> So how to show instructions in one record?

The "record instruction-history" and "record function-call-history" commands
are only available for "record btrace" (and "record bts" and "record pt").

If you are using "record full" (or just "record"), you may use the "disassemble"
command to disassemble the current function and the "reverse-stepi" command
to step backwards through the recorded instructions.

Regards,
Markus.

Intel Deutschland GmbH
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Christian Lamprechter
Registered Office: Munich