This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Could not use "record btrace" even if I have Intel PT hardware feature
- From: 慕冬亮 <mudongliangabcd at gmail dot com>
- To: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 10:36:41 -0400
- Subject: Could not use "record btrace" even if I have Intel PT hardware feature
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I encounter one problem when I try to leverage Intel PT to do branch tracing.
My cpu has Intel PT feature via "grep intel_pt /proc/cpuinfo".
$ grep intel_pt /proc/cpuinfo
flags : ...intel_pt...
$ gdb simple
(gdb) b main
Breakpoint 1 at 0x40050c
Starting program: .../Work/Projects/simple
Breakpoint 1, 0x000000000040050c in main ()
(gdb) record btrace
Target does not support branch tracing.
(gdb) record btrace pt
GDB does not support Intel Processor Trace.
My best regards to you.
No System Is Safe!