This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
GDB now requires a C++ compiler
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: "gdb at sourceware dot org" <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2016 19:42:35 +0100
- Subject: GDB now requires a C++ compiler
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Building GDB master now requires a C++ compiler. The option to
build with a C compiler has been removed.
IOW, we can now make use of C++-only features in master.
Please keep in mind that we'll be wanting to backport patches
to the 7.12 branch, which supports building as C, though. So if a
patch is likely to need to be backported, then it's going to be
easier to write it in C from the start.
More info in the conversion project's page here: