This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Go C++ only
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>, Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: "gdb at sourceware dot org" <gdb at sourceware dot org>, Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2016 11:15:07 +0100
- Subject: Re: Go C++ only
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <20160901181739.GR4538@adacore.com> <CAH=s-PMu61Vg=p_Y7PXP82skZa5j3u=3tdyWv4p_BpZgq_KHMw@mail.gmail.com>
On 09/02/2016 11:01 AM, Yao Qi wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 7:17 PM, Joel Brobecker <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> I don't have a strong opinion, but can we perhaps try a compromise
>> where we would be using C++ features only in new units (unlikely to be
>> backported)? Even though the backporting rate is indeed probably low,
>> it would still be nice to make it as easy as possible. Or is this
>> not really a practical suggestion?
> I agree. If we think the patch is likely to be backported, such as bug fix,
> C++ feature is not allowed in the patch.
Sergio, can you switch the buildbot builder that is catching C
build regressions to test the 7.12 branch instead of master?