This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Go C++ only
- From: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>, "gdb at sourceware dot org" <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2016 11:01:30 +0100
- Subject: Re: Go C++ only
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20160901181739.GR4538@adacore.com>
On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 7:17 PM, Joel Brobecker <email@example.com> wrote:
> I don't have a strong opinion, but can we perhaps try a compromise
> where we would be using C++ features only in new units (unlikely to be
> backported)? Even though the backporting rate is indeed probably low,
> it would still be nice to make it as easy as possible. Or is this
> not really a practical suggestion?
I agree. If we think the patch is likely to be backported, such as bug fix,
C++ feature is not allowed in the patch.