Exiting from Python and Guile interpreters

I see this in MinGW GDB 7.10 I built myself; I have no access to any
other GDB built with both Python and Guile, so I'm asking here.

It looks like there's an inconsistency in how one should exit from the
Python (entered with "pi") vs Guile (entered with "gr") interpreters
back to GDB:

  . to exit Python, one should type the EOF character, Ctrl-D on Unix,
    Ctrl-Z on Windows

  . typing "quit()" at Python prompt exits the debugger

  . to exit Guile, one should type ",q" or ",quit"

  . typing the EOF character at Guile prompt exits the debugger

Does this happen on GNU/Linux as well, or is this some Windows
specific problem (perhaps even specific to my build)?

If this is indeed the expected behavior, shouldn't we try making the
two interpreters behave in similar ways?

TIA