Re: endianness handling inside gdb

Ashutosh wrote:
> Actually, the ELF that I am dealing with, organizes the data in the
> following way:
> - all values inside non-allocatable/non-loadable sections like the
> dwarf sections are encoded as per the endianness of the ELF
> - all the processor-specific (i.e. all loadable) values are encoded
> as per the endianness of the target processor
> Thinking again about this now, the scenario that I mention looks
> somewhat uncommon (and may be digressing a bit from the ELF
> standard)

It probably is a violation of the standard.  Page 1-6 says that
e_ident[EI_DATA] specifies the data encoding of the processor-
specific data in the object file.  In the file you describe this
is not the case.

Is there some special reason why this ELF file is like this?
What generated the file?

Thanks,
Gary

--