Re: GDB now takes 4 minutes to start up with remote gdbserver target

Paul_Koning@dell.com wrote:
> Sandra Loosemore wrote:
> > I'd rather that we fix GDB to "just work", as it used to do,
> > rather than have to document workarounds for this breakage.
>
> I agree.  Taking multiple minutes to start up, by defaut, is a bug.

I also agree that GDB suddenly taking very much longer to start up
is a bug.  I don't need convincing, we're all on the same page here.

I don't agree that the fix is reverting the "target:" sysroot
changes.  While that would make GDB "just work" for Sandra's
scenario, it would make GDB not "just work" for other scenarios.
Not everybody using remote debugging has a slow link.
Not everybody using "target:" sysroots is debugging remote targets.

The proper fix is making GDB recognise what's happening and adjust.
The information Sandra provided should allow me to put together
some kind of test environment.

In the meantime, Sandra, could you please check that the patch I
mailed makes the long file transfer operations interruptible.
Irrespective of how your main issue is solved, uninterruptible
long operations are a bug, and I'd like to fix this one.

Thanks,
Gary

--
http://gbenson.net/