Re: Is there single step debugging support being added to aarch64-linux?

Prafull Suryawanshi <prafull.net@gmail.com> writes:

> I am not sure why hw stepper not works here (might be limitation of hw
> I am using).

You'd better to check whether hw single step doesn't work in your case.

> That is may be the infrun loops as it never gets stop signal. (the
> output I earlier pasted).
> Is it ok to provide patch for software single step like arm here?

We only implement software single step on the targets don't have
hardware single step capability, like arm.

> (I am preparing one. It will have simulate aarch64 instruction set and
> implement aarch64 version of functions of
> arm_linux_software_single_step, arm_insert_single_step_breakpoint and
> arm_get_next_pc.)

Before you start it, better to get the reason why hw single step doesn't
work on aarch64.

--
Yao (éå)