This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
how to get last created inferior, python api
- From: quentin sabah <quentin dot sabah at gmail dot com>
- To: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 13:36:07 +0200
- Subject: how to get last created inferior, python api
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Hi, I have been using gdb for many years and I am just starting to use
the python api.
I am wondering if there is a simple way to retrieve the last created
inferior using the python api.
Currently (gdb 7.7) I can create a new inferior with
gdb.execute("add-inferior"). There is no value returned, just a
messages printed in the CLI ("Added inferior N").
The only way that I can think of, is to call gdb.inferiors() before
and after creating a new one, and then compare the two lists to find
the new inferior.