how to get last created inferior, python api

Hi, I have been using gdb for many years and I am just starting to use
the python api.
I am wondering if there is a simple way to retrieve the last created
inferior using the python api.

Currently (gdb 7.7) I can create a new inferior with
gdb.execute("add-inferior"). There is no value returned, just a
messages printed in the CLI ("Added inferior N").

The only way that I can think of, is to call gdb.inferiors() before
and after creating a new one, and then compare the two lists to find
the new inferior.

Thanks!

--
Quentin Sabah