This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
how to pass paramter to openocd or shell by gdb macro
- From: loody <miloody at gmail dot com>
- To: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 21:29:53 +0800
- Subject: how to pass paramter to openocd or shell by gdb macro
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I try to use below macro in gdb for dumping memory
set $start = log_buf
set $length = log_buf_len
mon dump_image dmesg.bin $start $length
But the gdb told me the $start doesn't exist.
The symbols, log_buf and log_buf_len did have values.
Is there any other way to pass parameter in macro to openocd, low
level ice debug?
Appreciate your kind help in advance,
PS:below is my output:
can't read "start": no such variable
(gdb) p/x log_buf
$3 = 0xc08516e0
(gdb) p/x log_buf_len
$4 = 0x20000