Re: lm32 simulator configuration file question

On 04 Apr 2015 20:32, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> On April 4, 2015 8:20:24 PM CDT, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> >On 04 Apr 2015 19:27, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> >> Once we get by this one, I noticed that the lm32timer only
> >> lets you instance it once. The real board has two timers.
> >> Is there an example of a device which can be instanced
> >> multiple times?
> >
> >i glanced at the lm32timer device code and it looks correct to me --
> >there is no
> >global state (it's all attached to the instance via HW_ZALLOC (me,
> >...), and all
> >accesses go through the passed in "me" hw).
> >
> >why do you think it only lets you instantiate it once ?
>
> When I configure two timers, it looks like the second address registration
> attempt is ignored based on the trace and faulting code. I can have timer 0 or
> 1 but not both. Two interrupt attaches seem to be honored.

without seeing the hw file, i can only guess.  make sure you:
 - use unique addresses (the @xxx part)
 - are routing the output lines to different input lines
 - interrupt driver actually handles more than one input :)

i've def connected multiple Blackfin UARTs using the same model and had their
interrupts routed independently ...
-mike