This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: gdbserver follow-fork mode
- From: "Breazeal, Don" <donb at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Aaron Cody <aaron at aaroncody dot com>, "Breazeal, Don" <Don_Breazeal at mentor dot com>
- Cc: "gdb at sourceware dot org" <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2015 09:08:57 -0700
- Subject: Re: gdbserver follow-fork mode
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAHxCkuyRfOynT7SVPMJv1ig2zMMFJ=1SCkCsZ5p3tzU80+tw8w at mail dot gmail dot com> <551D8FC8 dot 4020609 at codesourcery dot com> <CAHxCkuy_cGtVD8XGo=+G61vanLyJAmQ4aZE1duF9Sx-Kcty1OQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 4/2/2015 10:51 PM, Aaron Cody wrote:
> thanks Don - so can you give an indication as to 'how far along' the
> work is? Is it worth me doing a patched build now? .. is it mostly
> there or what?
Aaron -- it's probably not complete enough yet. For example, any of the
patches supporting remote exec events are way out of date at this point.
Since most of the time a fork is followed by an exec, the current
patches wouldn't be enough for useful work. --Don
> On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 11:51 AM, Breazeal, Don <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> On 4/2/2015 12:44 AM, Aaron Cody wrote:
>>> I was reading that 'work is continuing' on this .. any idea when it
>>> might be ready?
>> It's difficult to predict. There is progress, and active work that you
>> can track on gdb-patches if you are interested.