Re: Multiple Simulators Link Failure on Head

On 20 Mar 2015 13:13, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> This looks to be an issue with the "make -j8".
> I did it again with "-j8" and it failed. I did a simple "make clean all"
> in that directory and it failed again.
>
> I then changed my script to drop the -j8 and it built ok again.
>
> My suspicion is something in the dependencies isn't 100% right
> and there is a race condition. sim/common/cconfig.h is the same
> in a tree built with -j1 vs -j8.

a high level note: it's not possible to race between common/ and other subdirs.
the configure script explicitly runs configure for all subdirs first, and that
is how config.h/cconfig.h get generated.  the common/ subdir otherwise does not
produce any objects.
-mike