Cherry Picking git Patches and ChangeLog

Hi

We (RTEMS) have a series of patches from Jiri Gaisler that we
want to provide against the latest release. They were committed
to the git head. Ideally we should just be able to apply them
to the 7.9 release tarball, but the presence of ChangeLog entries
results in them not applying cleanly by patch as part of our
automated tool build process. We want to pull the patches directly
from upstream without adjusting them manually.

I know that this is really a git/ChangeLog/patch question but
since it comes up in context of gdb, I am asking here. How
does one deal with patches that would apply cleanly except
for ChangeLog?

FWIW If there is a 7.9.1, we would appreciate Jiri's sim/erc32 patches
to be in it.

Thanks.

--joel sherrill
RTEMS