This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: wrong PC for "set architecuture xxx" for gdbserver
- From: Doug Evans <xdje42 at gmail dot com>
- To: fei ding <fdingiit at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gdb <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2015 21:29:42 -0800
- Subject: Re: wrong PC for "set architecuture xxx" for gdbserver
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAGmPkfKq0w3WJvod=h4EfUcMRhgdEwnO+VjbZ3d+tmid6X5=jw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 12:36 AM, fei ding <email@example.com> wrote:
> I use "set architecuture xxx" command to change arch for my gdbserver,
> and I've traced that, gdb will send a g_packet to gdbserver to fetch
> registers' values, and then do some correct-pc-things.
> But, if I input the "set arch xxx" command right after the "continue"
> command, the value of EIP will always be wrong, it points to the
> instruction after the correct one. Why?
I wouldn't expect one to be able to change the arch after the inferior
It's hard to provide much help in the absence of an example session
showing the problem.
One can only guess ...