This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
wrong PC for "set architecuture xxx" for gdbserver
- From: fei ding <fdingiit at gmail dot com>
- To: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2015 16:36:07 +0800
- Subject: wrong PC for "set architecuture xxx" for gdbserver
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I use "set architecuture xxx" command to change arch for my gdbserver,
and I've traced that, gdb will send a g_packet to gdbserver to fetch
registers' values, and then do some correct-pc-things.
But, if I input the "set arch xxx" command right after the "continue"
command, the value of EIP will always be wrong, it points to the
instruction after the correct one. Why?