Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] GDB BuildBot

On 01/23/2015 09:06 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> From: Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj@redhat.com>

>> If the "make TAGS" step proves to be too difficult to implement in the
>> regular build process, I will create a special builder just for it.
>
> I don't think we need to go that far.  Simply adding "cd $(srcdir) &&"
> to the TAGS rules that don't already do that should be good enough.

Yes, we should do that.  It's what we do to other similar rules
that  generate files in the source dir, like e.g.,

$(srcdir)/aclocal.m4: @MAINTAINER_MODE_TRUE@ $(aclocal_m4_deps)
	cd $(srcdir) && $(ACLOCAL) $(ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS)

> Alternatively, you could do just "make -C gdb TAGS".

Agreed, though I'd say "in addition", rather than "alternatively".  It's
still good to make it easy to generate TAGS without having to reconfigure.

> After all, we
> don't necessarily need to fix the entire repository, only the parts
> that are under our responsibility.  Perhaps this is the best
> alternative, on balance.

Thanks,
Pedro Alves