Re: building gdb with TUI support on Windows

> Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 20:39:08 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Hannes Domani <ssbssa@yahoo.de>
>
> For special keys, getch() has to be called multiple times and it returns
> part of the an escape sequence each call (e.g. 0xe0 + 'K' for left arrow).
>
> When keypad is enabled, wgetch() returns a single integer (e.g. KEY_LEFT).
> When disabled, it should return the escape sequence as getch() does.

Sorry, I'm missing something here.  AFAIK, "gdb -tui" doesn't call
'getch', it calls 'wgetch'.  Are you saying that when keypad is
disabled, GDB (or readline) somehow _expect_ to see escape sequences?
If not, I don't see why would the curses library need to start sending
escape sequences in that mode, it could simply continue sending single
keys, as it does in the keypad mode.  What am I missing?

> In TUI mode CTRL+L redraws the screen.
> Should it clear the screen in normal mode? I don't really know.
> If you mean that, I can look into it.

In the normal mode, Ctrl-L invokes a readline function, which probably
does nothing, because the curses library probably defines a null
sequence for "clear page".