Re: building gdb with TUI support on Windows

Ofir Cohen <ofircohenn@gmail.com> schrieb am 21:11 Dienstag, 30.Dezember 2014:
> Sorry for the ignorance, but what does this keypad mode mean and what
> is its role?
> Moreover, is this default behavior intended?
> (as both PDCurses and true libncurses fail, each in its own (unique?) way).

For special keys, getch() has to be called multiple times and it returns
part of the an escape sequence each call (e.g. 0xe0 + 'K' for left arrow).

When keypad is enabled, wgetch() returns a single integer (e.g. KEY_LEFT).
When disabled, it should return the escape sequence as getch() does.

pdcurses is missing this, mayge the developer didn't see the usefulness.

I found the information about wgetch/keypad here:
http://linux.die.net/man/3/wgetch

> Bonus question: in your opinion, is screen clear possible on Windows? (CTRL+L)

In TUI mode CTRL+L redraws the screen.
Should it clear the screen in normal mode? I don't really know.
If you mean that, I can look into it.