Re: recursion limit exceeded in Python API, but there's only one function in traceback

On 17/10/14 17:40, Doug Evans wrote:
> Also note that resuming the inferior in a breakpoint handler is
> supported, but further commands after the continue are not. This isn't
> enforced in the python API, so I'm not sure what might happen. Some
> things may work, others may
> not.
> https://sourceware.org/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdb/Break-Commands.html#Break-Commands

Yeah we can't police it only document it right now.  Until Python has
discrete control of the inferior (instead of issuing commands through
gdb.execute) we would have to parse the code looking for "forbidden"
operations.  That's a deep dark hole to go into.  ;)

Hopefully one day when Guile and/or Python have rich and discrete
inferior control we could better police what the user should or should
not do at various states.

Cheers

Phil