Re: GDB Remote debug: Why several "$Z0,address,length" msg when only set one breakpoint?

On 08/27/2014 01:11 PM, Yao Qi wrote:

> GDB is interested in entry address, but I don't know why GDB insert
> breakpoint there.  In GDB, command 'maintenance info breakpoints' can
> list all the user breakpoints and internal breakpoints.  If it still
> doesn't help, you can debug your gdb, set breakpoint
> remote_insert_breakpoint, and check why the breakpoint is inserted at
> 0x87800000.

I'd guess this is a build of GDB targeting Linux, and then that
breakpoint is the solib-event breakpoint.  One of the
last-resort addresses solib-svr4.c tries is _start:

static const char * const bkpt_names[] =
{
  "_start",

Thanks,
Pedro Alves