This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: GDB Remote debug: Why several "$Z0,address,length" msg when only set one breakpoint?
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Yao Qi <yao at codesourcery dot com>, Peng Fan <van dot freenix at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "gdb at sourceware dot org" <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 22:58:20 +0100
- Subject: Re: GDB Remote debug: Why several "$Z0,address,length" msg when only set one breakpoint?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53FC2FC1 dot 9080600 at gmail dot com> <87mwaqixh2 dot fsf at codesourcery dot com> <53FD8D31 dot 9010507 at gmail dot com> <87d2bmgmil dot fsf at codesourcery dot com>
On 08/27/2014 01:11 PM, Yao Qi wrote:
> GDB is interested in entry address, but I don't know why GDB insert
> breakpoint there. In GDB, command 'maintenance info breakpoints' can
> list all the user breakpoints and internal breakpoints. If it still
> doesn't help, you can debug your gdb, set breakpoint
> remote_insert_breakpoint, and check why the breakpoint is inserted at
I'd guess this is a build of GDB targeting Linux, and then that
breakpoint is the solib-event breakpoint. One of the
last-resort addresses solib-svr4.c tries is _start:
static const char * const bkpt_names =