This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Building GDB with PyPy?
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: "Yichun Zhang (agentzh)" <agentzh at gmail dot com>, gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 15:22:44 +0100
- Subject: Re: Building GDB with PyPy?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAB4Tn6Mq98R+XRZ0U6cTaRwd4t0245ixDKmXWgR0_3EM5tuX2w at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 08/06/2014 01:46 AM, Yichun Zhang (agentzh) wrote:
> Hi folks!
> Sorry if this is a dumb question.
> I've been using the Python extension in gdb but the speed of the
> Python code is very disappointing for large working set. I wonder if
> it is possible to build gdb from source with pypy instead of the
I have no idea if anyone ever done that, but if you succeed, don't
forget to let us know about it! :-)
> Using ./configure --with-python=`which pypy` fails for me with the
> following error:
> checking whether to use python... /bin/pypy
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "app_main.py", line 72, in run_toplevel
> File "./python/python-config.py", line 66, in <module>
> libs.append('-lpython'+pyver + abiflags)
> TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'str' and 'NoneType'
> configure: error: failure running python-config --ldflags
> make: *** [configure-gdb] Error 1
> make: Leaving directory `/home/agentzh/Downloads/gdb-7.8'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> Any pointers for solving this will be highly appreciated!
> Hopefully PyPy can speed up my Python code running in gdb a lot. Just
> want to give it a shot.