This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 1/1] erc32 sim: Add libdl to build of sis
- From: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- To: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>
- Cc: "gdb at sourceware dot org" <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 17:13:18 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/1] erc32 sim: Add libdl to build of sis
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1408054866-9877-1-git-send-email-joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com> <1507685 dot 62jiOPJB0J at vapier> <53EE0774 dot 7020707 at oarcorp dot com> <13304922 dot YQySRetGzW at vapier>
On 8/17/2014 8:20 AM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Fri 15 Aug 2014 08:13:24 Joel Sherrill wrote:
>> On 8/14/2014 7:30 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
>>> On Thu 14 Aug 2014 17:21:06 Joel Sherrill wrote:
>>>> sis failed to link on Fedora 20 because it was not linking against
>>>> libdl. There may be a better way but this does work.
>>> can you post some errors ? the only sim that actually uses libdl is the
>>> Blackfin one. i suspect the dl usage is coming from another binutils lib
>>> (like bfd?) which means the fix is not this :).
>> I just saw the sparc failure and fixed it. Once I saw that all of our
>> targets with simulators enabled failed like this (from v850), I was pretty
>> sure I had fixed a symptom and not the root cause.
> Roland just regenerated the sim configure files due to changes in the common
> plugin/dlfcn logic. i guess pull the latest repo and see if you still have
> troubles building ?
This seemed to fix all but the ppc.
gcc -g -O2 -static-libstdc++ -static-libgcc -o psim main.o libsim.a
../../bfd/libbfd.a ../../libiberty/libiberty.a -lz
../../bfd/libbfd.a(plugin.o): In function `try_load_plugin':
undefined reference to `dlopen'
undefined reference to `dlsym'
undefined reference to `dlerror'
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D. Director of Research & Development
joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com On-Line Applications Research
Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS Huntsville AL 35805
Support Available (256) 722-9985