This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: ChangeLogs in commit messages
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Gary Benson <gbenson at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>, gdb at sourceware dot org, Andreas Arnez <arnez at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 06:28:16 -0700
- Subject: Re: ChangeLogs in commit messages
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140814083231 dot GA6283 at blade dot nx> <6036430 dot RnprRWgZmF at vapier> <20140814131206 dot GA12746 at blade dot nx> <20140814132939 dot GH4924 at adacore dot com> <20140815084819 dot GB30130 at blade dot nx> <20140815121102 dot GB6019 at adacore dot com> <20140815130913 dot GA1954 at blade dot nx>
> Does anybody have any experience writing such checks? Or, does
> anybody know of any project that already uses such checks? I can
> look into doing it myself (it's a pre-receive hook, right?)
I have loads of experience writing git hooks, but none with
this repository's implementation.
I would typically adjust the "update" hook for that, but it looks
like the "pre-receive" hook would also work.