This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: ChangeLogs in commit messages
- From: Gary Benson <gbenson at redhat dot com>
- To: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- Cc: brobecker at adacore dot com, gdb at sourceware dot org, arnez at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com
- Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 09:05:10 +0100
- Subject: Re: ChangeLogs in commit messages
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140814083231 dot GA6283 at blade dot nx> <20140814125224 dot GF4924 at adacore dot com> <20140814131530 dot GB12746 at blade dot nx> <8338czhza9 dot fsf at gnu dot org>
Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 14:15:30 +0100
> > From: Gary Benson <email@example.com>
> > Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, Andreas Arnez <email@example.com>
> > My concern with omitting the author-and-date is for commits with
> > multiple authors
> Doesn't the --author switch provide a solution for that?
It only allows for two people though, author and committer.
As far as I'm aware anyway! I'm sure there are commits in
there with more than two authors.